Mopar Battery Service
Our location allows us to serve residents of Burnaby, West Vancouver, Vancouver, and Lynn Creek. One of the auto services on offer at our service center is battery replacement. Our certified technicians can inspect the battery system to determine if a new battery is required by your vehicle. We can also fix other issues with the battery system, such as damaged wires, corroded terminals, faulty alternators, and other types of issues.
Certified Battery Services:
- Battery Inspection – Our technicians will inspect the battery for physical damage and perform a test to make sure that it can still hold a sufficient charge.
- Battery Replacement – When your battery cannot consistently start your vehicle, our technicians can remove it and replace it with a new manufacturer-approved battery.
- Battery Terminal Cleaning – The battery terminals can sustain a buildup of corrosion that makes the connections looser; we can clean the terminals and tighten the cables.
Vehicle owners based in North Vancouver or nearby locations are welcome to get brake service or other types of automotive services at Coast Auto North Vancouver CDJR. We offer the services of experienced and factory-trained auto technicians. Our location is a short distance from the cities of Lynn Creek, Burnaby, Vancouver, and West Vancouver. Along with a full menu of auto services, we also have a Mopar OEM parts and accessories department at our facility.
Certified Brake Services:
- Brake Fluid Exchange – Brake fluid transfers and amplifies the force of your foot on the brakes to the calipers; as a hygroscopic fluid, it will absorb moisture and eventually need to be replaced as it becomes less effective.
- Brake Pad Replacement – The brake pads consist of a metal backing and a softer brake lining that is designed to wear down; when this lining gets thin, it’s time to have your brake pads replaced.
- Rotor Resurfacing or Replacement – The brake rotors may become glazed or warped well before they wear out; we can resurface the rotors, smoothing their surface to help you avoid paying for entirely new parts before it’s necessary.
- Caliper Service – The brake calipers squeeze together to push the brake pads against the brake rotors, and they will regularly need to be cleaned, lubricated, and inspected to ensure that they are providing the necessary precision.
We are a full-service dealership offering a wide range of certified automotive services, including inspection, repair, and replacement service. Burnaby, Lynn Creek, Vancouver, and West Vancouver are only a short drive from our service center. Allow our factory-trained technicians to perform transmission service on your vehicle. We use factory service procedures to ensure your vehicle gets reliable service.
Certified Transmission Services:
- Transmission Inspection – If your vehicle’s transmission is showing signs of trouble, from difficulty shifting to odd noises to a slipping transmission, our certified technicians can inspect the transmission to find the root of the problem.
- Transmission Fluid Exchange – All transmission fluid acts as a lubricant, and automatic transmission fluid also serves as a coolant; when this fluid gets old, it’s important to have it changed in order to keep your transmission functioning.
- Transmission Replacement – While transmissions can sometimes be repaired, it often ends up being less expensive to simply replace a damaged or worn transmission entirely; our expert technicians can replace your transmission here.
Oil Change Service
Our Vancouver location is easily accessible for Lynn Creek, West Vancouver, Vancouver, and Burnaby residents. One of our most popular auto services is an oil change, which is an essential service to keep the engine running in top condition. We can perform a full-synthetic, semi-synthetic, or conventional oil change. The oil change will be performed by certified technicians experienced and trained in service of all Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram models. Other makes are also welcome at Coast Auto North Vancouver CDJR.
Importance of Oil Change Service
The role of engine oil is to keep the engine parts lubricated which help regulate engine temperature and minimize the friction of the moving parts. In oil change service the existing oil engine is drained and replaced with fresh oil. If you ignore or delay oil change service, you risk several issues with the vehicle including reduced fuel efficiency or severe damage to the engine components. We suggest our customers follow the manufacturer’s recommendation for oil change service interval. Whether you get synthetic or conventional oil for your vehicle, you should get service from certified technicians. At Coast Auto North Vancouver CDJR, we are proud to offer the services of factory-trained and certified technicians.
Synthetic vs. Conventional Oil Change
Synthetic oil is designed to be a more refined and chemically stable engine oil than conventional oil. The higher chemical stability of synthetic oil means it offers better longevity in harsh weather conditions. You can choose to get a full synthetic or semi-synthetic oil change at Coast Auto North Vancouver CDJR. If you own an older vehicle, the extra thickness of conventional oil might be a requirement of the engine. We also offer conventional oil at our service center. Allow our expert technicians at Coast Auto North Vancouver CDJR to guide you on the right type of engine for your vehicle.
Certified Oil Change Services:
- Full Synthetic – Fully synthetic engine oil lasts considerably longer than conventional oil; it also keeps your engine cleaner and flows better in both hot and cold conditions.
- Conventional – Made from refined crude oil, conventional engine oil keeps your engine’s moving metal components lubricated so that they will not be damaged by friction.
- Semi-Synthetic – This special blend of conventional and synthetic oil can provide some of the benefits of both: it’s less expensive than full synthetic oil, but keeps your engine cleaner than conventional.
- Diesel – If your vehicle has a diesel engine, it will require a special oil that has a different viscosity than oil meant for gas engines, as well as additional anti-wear additives.